Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
Top 10 Paperbacks
- How can we protect ourselves from nuclear war or ecological catastrophe?
- The slowness of climate change is a fairy tale, perhaps as pernicious as the one that says it isn't happening at all, and if your anxiety about it is dominated by fears of sea-level rise, you are barely scratching the surface of what terrors are possible, even within the lifetime of a teenager today. Over the past decades, the term Anthropocene has...
- Pete Banning was Clanton's favourite son, a returning war hero, the patriarch of a prominent family; a farmer, father, and a faithful member of the Methodist Church. Then one cool October morning in 1946, he rose early, drove into town, walked into the Church, and calmly shot and killed the Reverend Dexter Bell. As if the murder wasn't shocking en...
- FLIGHTS, shortlisted for the 2018 Man Booker International, is a novel about travel in the twenty-first century and human anatomy. Olga Tokarczuk perfectly intertwines travel narratives and reflections on travel with observations on the body and on life and death.
- The ambitious major new novel from this internationally celebrated writer, on the scale of his bestselling 1Q84 The painter's wife has left him for a younger man. Taking some time away from Tokyo, he starts looking after the empty house of a famous artist, Tomohiko Amada. Not long after he moves in, a scraping sound in the attic leads him to find a...
- These are just a few of the anecdotal gems that have until now lain undiscovered in medical journals for centuries. This fascinating collection of historical curiosities explores some of the strangest cases that have perplexed doctors across the world.
- The history-making, ground-breaking speeches of Greta Thunberg, the young activist who has become the voice of a generation.
- Now a major motion picture from the makers of A Bigger Splash.
- How to get to master the art of persuasion--from the bestselling author of Talk Like Ted. Ideas don't sell themselves. As the forces of globalization, automation, and artificial intelligence combine to disrupt every field, having a good idea isn't good enough. Mastering the ancient art of persuasion is the key to standing out, getting ahead, and ac...
- THE INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLERA SUNDAY TIMES, THE TIMES, ECONOMIST, DAILY TELEGRAPH, EVENING STANDARD, OBSERVER BOOK OF THE YEAR'Undoubtedly the best single-volume life of Churchill ever written' Dominic Sandbrook, Sunday TimesA magnificently fresh and unexpected biography of Churchill, by one of Britain's most acclaimed historians.