Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
Top 5 Non-fiction
- Finnish architect Alvar Aalto (1898-1976) was strongly influenced by both the landscape of his native country, as well as the political struggle over Finland's place within European culture. This title explores his life and work.
- In his landmark international bestsellers Guns, Germs and Steel and Collapse, Jared Diamond transformed our understanding of what makes civilizations rise and fall. Now in the third book in this monumental trilogy, he reveals how successful nations recover from crisis. Diamond shows us how seven countries have survived defining upheavals in the rec...
- The Ateneum Art Museum - the most frequently visited museum in the country - holds Finland's oldest and largest art collection. This beautifully illustrated book looks at the collection through a social lens, addressing how historical and political events have influenced art and artists as well as museum work and acquisitions for the collection.
- Sapiens showed us where we came from. Homo Deus looked to the future. '21 Lessons for the 21st Century' explores the present. How can we protect ourselves from nuclear war, ecological cataclysms and technological disruptions? What can we do about the epidemic of fake news or the threat of terrorism? What should we teach our children? Yuval Noah Har...
- 'Scandinavian Design' is a visually stunning survey from c.1900 to the present day that illustrates virtually all areas of design: furniture, glass, ceramics, textiles, jewellery, lighting, industrial and product design.