Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
- Cousins MarkNidottu englantiLooking can be an act of empathy or aggression. It can provoke desire or express it. And from the blurry, edgeless world we inhabit as infants to the landscape of screens we grow into, looking can define us. In 'The Story of Looking', filmmaker and writer Mark Cousins takes us on a lightning-bright tour - in words and images - through how our looki...
- Ustvedt Øystein, Munch EdvardNidottu englantiAn accessible introduction to Edvard Munch's life and work.
- Antonova Irina, Bowness Alan, Clifford TNidottu englantiBetween a Temple of Art and a Big EventAs places to enjoy art, as well as institutions that have become historic, museums can also be examined through the question of who exactly heads up these temples of art. What kinds of personalities have guided the fates of these large, traditional institutions? How have they done so, and what has motivated th...
- Feaver WilliamSidottu englantiWilliam Feaver, Lucian Freud's collaborator, curator and close friend, knew the unknowable artist better than most; and over many years, Freud narrated to him the story of his life, ß our novel'. The result is this electrifying biography, shot through with Freud's own words. In this second volume of Feaver's definitive portrait of one of the most c...
- Godfrey TonySidottu englantiA lively introduction to and history of international contemporary art from 1960 to the present.
- Hauptman Jodi, Sudhalter Adrian, Museum Sidottu englantiSurveys the political engagement, fearless and groundbreaking visual experimentation, and utopian aspirations of artists in the early 20th century
- Rubin James Henry, Monet ClaudeNidottu englantiThe most authoritative and up-to-date introduction to Monet on the market, written by a world authority on Impressionism and 19th-century French art.
- Lucie-Smith EdwardNidottu englantiA new edition of the classic introduction to art since the end of the Second World War.
- Whitford FrankNidottu englantiAn accessible history of the Bauhaus, tracing the ideas behind its conception and its highly influential teaching methods.
- Kessler Herbert L.Nidottu englantiRenowned art historian Herbert L. Kessler authors a love song to medieval art inviting students, teachers, and professional medievalists to experience the wondrous, complex art of the Middle Ages.
- Price-Cabrera NataliaSidottu englantiThe 'Biographics' series presents an entirely new way of looking at the lives of the world's greatest thinkers and creatives. It takes the 50 defining facts, dates, thoughts, habits, and achievements of each subject, and uses infographics to convey each of them in vivid snapshots. The result is a quickfire journey through truths and trivia that is ...
- Adler Laure, Viéville CamilleSidottu englanti67 female artists and their work from the 16th century to the present demonstrate the evolution of art through a female-empowered lens. The history of art has been forever considered, written, published, and taught by men, primarily for a male audience. For women, the mere possibility of becoming an artist - to have access to the necessary material...
- Kemp MartinNidottu englantiMartin Kemp, described by The Times as 'the world's leading authority on Leonardo', relates his fifty-year relationship with the most famous artist of all time.
- Hodge SusieNidottu englanti'The Short Story of Modern Art' explains the how, why and when of modern art - who introduced certain things, what they were, where they were produced, and why they matter. Simply constructed, the book explores 50 key works - from the realist painting of Courbet to a contemporary installation by Yayoi Kusama - and then links them to the most import...
- Coles DavidSidottu englantiReveals the origin stories behind over fifty of history's most vivid colour pigments.
- Aihong LiSidottu englantiA complete encyclopaeida of vertical garden design, inlcuding an interview with Patrick Blanc, the inventor of the vertical garden.
- Léger Marc JamesSidottu englantiVanguardia chronicles and theorises changing forms of socially engaged art and radical politics since the rise of the anti-globalisation movement. From Occupy Wall Street to Black Live Matter and MeToo, Vanguardia detects signs of avant-garde praxis in the new social movements and activist collectives that challenge global capitalism.
- Grovier KellySidottu englantiA new way of appreciating art that puts the artwork front and centre, brought to us by one of the freshest and most exciting new voices in cultural criticism.
- Doyle KathleenNidottu englantiPublished to tie in with the Anglo-Saxon exhibition at the British Library starting on 19 October 2018, this title showcases the British Library's outstanding collection of Anglo-Saxon manuscripts in an affordable and accessible volume.
- Lennon John, Ono YokoSidottu englantiPersonally compiled and curated by Yoko Ono, 'Imagine John Yoko' is the definitive inside story - told in revelatory detail - of the making of the legendary album and all that surrounded it: the locations, the creative team, the artworks and the films, in the words of John & Yoko and the people who were there.