Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
- Kerouac JackNidottu englantiThis is one of 50 new books celebrating the pioneering spirit of the iconic 'Penguin Modern Classics' series, with each one offering a concentrated hit of its contemporary, international flavour. Here are authors ranging from Kathy Acker to James Baldwin, Truman Capote to Stanislaw Lem and George Orwell to Stevie Smith; essays radical and inspiring...
- Kapuscinski RyszardNidottu englanti'Like rotting stakes in a forest clearing'. In 'An Advertisement for Toothpaste', the great journalist of conflict in the Third World, Ryszard Kapuscinski, finds an even stranger and more exotic society in his own home of post-war Poland.
- Kassabova KapkaNidottu englantiWhen Kapka Kassabova was a child, the borderzone between Bulgaria, Turkey and Greece was rumoured to be an easier crossing point into the West than the Berlin Wall so it swarmed with soldiers, spies and fugitives. On holidays close to the border on the Black Sea coast, she remembers playing on the beach, only miles from where an electrified fence b...
- O'Shea StephenNidottu englantiFor centuries the Alps have seen the march of armies, the flow of pilgrims and Crusaders, the feats of mountaineers, and the dreams of engineers--and some 14 million people live among their peaks today. In The Alps, Stephen O'Shea takes readers up and down these majestic mountains, battling his own fear of heights to journey through a 500-mile arc ...
- Gilbert ElizabethNidottu englantiNewly divorced journalist Elizabeth Gilbert is struggling to carve out an authentic identity in New York. Desperate to reinvigorate her life and connect with the world around her, she embarks on a modern-day pilgrimage. With warmth and humour, Gilbert chronicles a journey from Italy to India and, finally, to Bali. Each country serves as a vivid bac...
- Nidottu englantiPalermo's heart lies hidden under its many outer layers. In this guide to the Sicilian capital, Roberto Alajmo uncovers each stratum to reveal its true character.
- variousNidottu englantiWho doesn't love a good museum? Whether grand and impressive, or irreverent and amusing, museums are places to lose - and find - ourselves, palaces of the imagination. And they have long been sources of inspiration to the most creative among us. 'Treasure Palaces' brings together over twenty of the world's greatest writers to give their own persona...
- Marías JavierNidottu englantiAn essential companion for every traveller to Venice, this is the hidden city revealed in a gorgeous non-fiction account by one of Europe's greatest living writers, Javier Marías. Century after century, the essence of Venice is unchanging. It is a place of contradictions, equal parts glamour and chaos. As a young man, Javier Marías made the city hi...
- Bryson BillNidottu englantiTwenty years ago, Bill Bryson went on a trip around Britain to celebrate the green and kindly island that had become his adopted country. This book an insight into all that is best and worst about Britain.
- Gilbert ElizabethNidottu englantiA funny, tender, utterly beguiling story about a woman's search for happiness.
- Theroux PaulNidottu englantiFor the past 50 years, Paul Theroux has travelled to the far corners of the earth - to China, India, Africa, the Pacific Islands, South America, Russia, and elsewhere - and brought them to life in his cool, exacting prose. In 'Deep South' he turns his gaze to a region much closer to his home. Travelling through North and South Carolina, Georgia, Te...
- Russell HelenNidottu englantiDenmark is officially the happiest nation on Earth, so when journalist Helen Russell finds herself spending a year in rural Jutland, she decides she'll do all she can to uncover the secrets of the Danes' happiness. But will the long, dark winters and pickled herring take their toll?
- Bryson BillNidottu englantiAustralia has more things that can kill you than anywhere else. Nevertheless, Bill Bryson journeyed to the country and promptly fell in love with it. The people are cheerful, their cities are clean, the beer is cold and the sun nearly always shines.
- Kingsley MaryNidottu englantiThis title provides the classic account of one woman's epic and eccentric journey up the Congo at the end of the 19th century.
- Pamuk OrhanNidottu englantiRevisiting his own family's secrets and idiosyncracies, Orhan Pamuk guides the reader through some of Istanbul's monuments and lost paradises, discovering what made his family typical of their time and place.