Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
- Ball JohnnyNidottu englantiJohnny Ball is by some margin Britain's most famous mathematician. 'Wonders Beyond Numbers' is his magnum opus, and his first book for more than 10 years. It is nothing less than the history of mathematics; he describes it as 'a summation of my career as an enthusiast for mathematics'.
- Brochmann NinaDahl, Ellen StokkenNidottu englanti'The Wonder Down Under' explains everything you ever wanted to know about the vagina but didn't dare ask. Learn the truth about the clitoris' inner life, the menstrual hormone dance and whether the vaginal orgasm really exists. The book helps you understand how different types of contraception work in the body, what a 'normal' vulva looks like and ...
- Tyson Neil deGrasseNidottu englantiThis beautifully illustrated companion to celebrated scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson's popular podcast and National Geographic Channel TV show is an eye-opening journey for anyone curious about the complexities of our universe.
- Davis Daniel MNidottu englantiThe immune system holds the key to human health. In 'The Beautiful Cure', leading immunologist Daniel Davis describes the scientific quest to understand how it works - and how it is affected by stress, sleep, age and our state of mind - and explains how this knowledge is now unlocking a revolutionary new approach to medicine and well-being.
- May AndrewNidottu englantiIs Earth really doomed to be destroyed by a cosmic catastrophe?
- Pearce FredNidottu englantiThe South East of Britain has less water per capita than the Sudan or Ethiopia and while there is less and less rain our demand grows. Pearce gives a clear and terrifying picture of the consequences if no action is taken, and he also explains the steps we must take to ensure we deal with the water crisis.
- Bryson Bill (Edited by)Nidottu englantiEdited and introduced by Bill Bryson, with contributions from Richard Dawkins, Margaret Atwood, Richard Holmes, Martin Rees, Richard Fortey, Steve Jones, James Gleick and Neal Stephenson amongst others, this beautiful, lavishly illustrated book tells the story of science and the Royal Society, from 1660 to the present.
- Mee NicholasSidottu englantiHow did the universe begin? What are gravitational waves all about? Will we find life on other planets? The Cosmic Mystery Tour is a brilliant, entertaining introduction to the discoveries of physics and astronomy. Stories, explanations, and illustrations open up the exciting frontiers of science to any beginner.
- Dunkley JoSidottu englantiWe have mapped out the stars in the night sky, and have known that we live in a disk of stars that makes up the Milky Way galaxy. But, in the past few decades, huge steps have been taken in the field of astronomy - steps which have let us venture ever further across space and time, with telescopes that let us see, in ever greater detail, those dist...
- Consolmagno GuyKierreselkä englantiA new edition of this best-selling guidebook to the night sky, showing amateur astronomers how to observe a host of celestial wonders.
- Mosconi LisaNidottu englanti'We are what we eat' is an age-old adage. But while we often talk about diets affecting our fitness, we don't talk about how what we eat and drink affects the health of the hungriest organ in the body - our brain. 'Brain Food' makes clear the connection between nutrition and our brain's health, focusing attention on how crucial dietary recommendati...
- Geddes LindaSidottu englantiThe full story of how our relationship with the sun shapes our health, productivity and mood.
- Mackenzie DanaNidottu englantiYou can't present the history of art without pictures; equally equations are central to any history of mathematics. Spanning 4,000 years of civilisation, 'The Story of Mathematics' describes 24 great equations that have shaped science and society - from the elementary (1 1=2) to the sophisticated (the Black-Scholes formula) and from the famous (E=m...
- Thompson KenSidottu englantiMost of us think of Darwin at work on The Beagle, taking inspiration for his theory of evolution from his travels in the Galapagos. But Darwin published his Origin of Species nearly thirty years after his voyages and most of his labours in that time were focused on experimenting with and observing plants at his house in Kent. He was particularly in...
- Hawking StephenSidottu ruotsiI Korta svar på stora frågor gör Hawking bokslut genom att ta sig an de största frågorna i vår tid, och presenterar sina svar på ett sätt som alla kan förstå.
- Roeder OliverNidottu englantiIn the tradition of Martin Gardner's beloved brain teasers, Oliver Roeder's delightful puzzles explore the maths implicit in everyday occurences.
- Hawking StephenSidottu englantiProfessor Hawking was a brilliant theoretical physicist, an influential author and thinker, and a great popular communicator. Throughout his career he was asked questions by business leaders, politicians, entrepreneurs, academics and the general public on a broad range of subjects, from the origins of the universe to the future of the planet.
- Doudna Jennifer, Sternberg SamuelSidottu ruotsiInte sedan atomkraften har en ny teknologi haft så oöverskådliga konsekvenser att det fått upptäckarna att varna för sin egen upptäckt. Det här är den skrämmande och fascinerande historien om gensaxen CRISPR som gör det möjligt för forskare att klippa och klistra i levande varelsers arvsmassa – nästan lika enkelt som att klippa och klistra i en tex...
- Orzel ChadNidottu englantiWithout quantum physics, your breakfast - and so many other things we take for granted - wouldn't be possible. international bestselling author and physicist Chad Orzel shows us why
- New ScientistNidottu englantiWhat's the nature of reality? Does the universe ever end? What is time and does it even exist? These are the biggest imagination-stretching, brain-staggering questions in the universe - and here are their fascinating answers. From quantum weirdness to freaky cosmology (like white holes - which spew out matter instead of sucking it in), this book ta...