Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
- Naunton ChrisSidottu englantiAn authoritative and compelling insight into the search for ancient Egypt's lost tombs, providing a completely up-to-date inside story of all the latest theories and discoveries.
- Coe Michael D., Evans DamianSidottu englantiAn authoritative survey of Angkor and the Khmer civilization that incorporates revelations from new discoveries that are completely rewriting history.
- Aruz JoanNidottu englantiIn this important and timely publication, top international scholars present current research and developments about the art, archaeology, and history of the ancient city of Palmyra, a UNESCO World Heritage site located in Syria. Palmyra became tragic headline news in 2015, when it was overtaken by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), w...
- Frizell BarbroSidottu ruotsiEn bit in på 1800-talet väcktes intresset för de gåtfulla etruskerna. De var amatörer - tyskar, engelsmän, fransmän - som lockades till etruskernas färgsprakande gravar. Myter frodades om de försvunna folket. Och så har de fortsatt med stegrat intresse. Här analyserar författaren den etruskiska identiteten, deras gåtfulla ursprung - och vad DNA kan...
- Allison GrahamNidottu englantiWhen Athens went to war with Sparta some 2,500 years ago, the Greek historian Thucydides identified one simple cause: a rising power threatened to displace a ruling one, leading inexorably to conflict. As Graham Allison explains, in the past 500 years, great powers have found themselves in 'Thucydides's Trap' 16 times. In 12 of the 16 - from war be...
- Skoglund PeterSidottu englantiWhere previous examinations of rock art have emphasised disparaties between traditions in northern and southern Scandinavia, this volume emphasises similarities in themes, formats and repertoire and discusses new theoretical approaches to analysis which emphasise interaction and commonality.
- Herrmann GeorginaSidottu englantiDuring the early first millennium BC, literally thousands of carved ivories found their way to the Assyrian capital city of Kalhu, or modern Nimrud, in northern Iraq. The majority were not made there, in the heart of ancient Assyria, but arrived as gift, tribute or booty gathered by the Assyrian kings from the small neighbouring states of the ancie...
- Wilkinson Richard H.Nidottu englantiThis illustrated comprehensive survey of all Egypt's temples, from the famous, such as Luxor and Karnak, to the less known ones of the Delta, covers all aspects of the temples - why they were built, how they were built and how they functioned.
- Wilkinson Richard H.Nidottu englantiThis comprehensive and authoritative title examines the evolution, worship and eventual decline of the gods and goddesses that, at one time, made Egypt the most completely theocratic society of the ancient world, and the Egyptians, according to Herodotus, 'more religious than any other people'.
- Asa Eger A.Nidottu englantiThe retreat of the Byzantine army from Syria in around 650 CE, in advance of the approaching Arab armies, is one that has resounded emphatically in the works of both Islamic and Christian writers, and created an enduring motif: that of the Islamic-Byzanti.
- Renfrew Colin, Bahn PaulNidottu englantiWidely praised for its comprehensive coverage, excellent graphics and well-organized layout, this invaluable introduction for students and enthusiasts of archaeology has been expanded to incorporate all the latest developments.