Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
Katalogin monipuolinen haku
- Kustantaja: Vintage UK
- Brown DeeNidottu englantiUsing council records, autobiographies, and firsthand descriptions, the author allows the great chiefs and warriors of Dakota, Utes, Sioux and other tribes to tell us in their own words of the battles, massacres and broken treaties that finally left the American Indians beaten.
- Vonnegut KurtNidottu englantiThe destruction of Dresden by bombs and a fire storm was a catastrophe that Vonnegut himself witnessed as a prisoner of war and forms the basis of this modern classic.
- Vonnegut KurtNidottu englantiIn a frolic of cartoons and comic outbursts against rule and reason, Kurt Vonnegut attacks the whole spectrum of American society, releasing some of his best-loved literary creations at the same time.
- Vonnegut KurtNidottu englantiFrom a ratty attic to Auschwitz and back again, Mother Night is the confession of Howard W. Campbell Jr., an American, a notorious Nazi propagandist and a U.S. counter-spy. Campbell is not a moral person in any sense.
- Vonnegut KurtNidottu englantiEliot Rosewater is tortured by a fabulous inheritance he feels he does not deserve, so he devotes himself to drink, and to a life serving the dull, the ugly, the irrelevant and the useless.
- Vonnegut KurtNidottu englantiWalter F. Starbuck was sent to prison in 1975 for his part in the American political scandals known collectively as Watergate. Now, he is coming out of jail, into the brave new world of 1980s Manhattan. This is the story of his first 24hrs of freedom.
- Faulkner WilliamNidottu englantiFaulkner comments profoundly on the South and the human condition in this novel which tells the story of Thomas Sutpen, a poor white boy who becomes a rich plantation owner.
- Pynchon ThomasNidottu englantiThe quest for V. sweeps us through sixty years and a panorama of Alexandria, Paris, Malta, Florence, Africa and New York. But who, where or what is V.? Bawdy, sometimes sad and frequently hilarious, V. has become a modern classic.
- Roth PhilipNidottu englantiHere is the confession of Alexander Portnoy, who is thrust through life by his unappeasable sexuality, yet held back at the same time by the iron grip of his unforgettable childhood.
- Faulkner WilliamNidottu englantiAs the desires, fears and rivalries of this family are revealed in the vernacular speech of the South, the author builds up an impression as epic as the Old Testament. This story is one of Faulkner's simplest and considered by many to be a masterpiece.
- Høeg PeterNidottu englantiSmilla Jaspersen, the resourceful, tenacious and bloody-minded Greenlander heroine, has won the hearts of readers the world over in her quest to find the truth behind the death of a six year-old boy.
- Pynchon ThomasNidottu englantiIn this, Pynchon's shortest novel, Oedipus Maas, recent heiress, enquires into the nature of her inheritance. In trying to understand her own life and the motivation of her dead lover, she is led on an ambiguous trail of clues.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiLife Before Man tells the story of a sexual triangle between Elizabeth, Nate - her husband, and Lesje, a young woman at the natural history museum for whom dinosaurs are as important as men.
- Morrison ToniNidottu englantiJadine is a graduate of the Sorbonne, art historian, American black living in Paris and Rome. Son is a criminal on the run, uneducated, violent, contemptuous, an American black from small-town Florida. He is a threat to her freedom: she is a threat to his identity.
- Roth PhilipNidottu englantiRoth succeeds in illuminating the American dream through the vision of those who love it and those who hate it. The novel examines the contrast between a successful business man and his revolutionary terrorist daughter.
- Pynchon ThomasNidottu englantiCharles Mason (1728-1786) and Jeremiah Dixon (1733-1779) were the British surveyors best remembered for running the boundary between Pennsylvania and Maryland known as the Mason-Dixon Line. This book provides a fictional account of their story.
- Peake MervynNidottu englantiGormenghast is the vast crumbling castle to which the 77th Earl, Titus Groan, is lord and heir. Gothic labyrinth of roofs and turrets, stairwells and dungeons, it is also the cobwebbed kingdom of Byzantine government and age-old ritual.
- Highsmith PatriciaNidottu englantiRipley wanted out. He wanted money, success, the good life - and he was willing to kill for it. Patricia Highsmith's other novels include Strangers on a Train and This Sweet Sickness.
- Highsmith PatriciaNidottu englantiTom Ripley detested murder, unless it was absolutely necessary. If possible, he preferred someone else to do the dirty work. In this case, a victim of a fatal disease, who will murder for a reward in order to provide for his young widow and child.
- Highsmith PatriciaNidottu englantiThe death of a gallery owner means that an American art collector cannot find out why the painting he bought three years ago is a fake. Ripley needs to find a solution, keep his nerve and if murder is required still keep his nerves steady.