Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
Katalogin monipuolinen haku
- Kustantaja: Random House UK
- Munro AliceNidottu englantiIn these disturbing, evocative and perfectly wrought stories of love, honour and adultery, Alice Munro takes the reader to the core of impassioned moments and lives.
- Hemingway ErnestNidottu englantiHemingway's classic portrayal of the Spanish Civil War, seen through the eyes of an American fighting on the Republican side, captures the excitement and danger of war in a way few other works of fiction have been unable to do.
- Munro AliceNidottu englantiFrom the author of The Beggar Maid comes this collection of stories which explores varieties and degrees of love in the lives of apparently ordinary folk.
- Morrison ToniNidottu englantiIt's the mid-1800s. At Sweet Home in Kentucky, an era is ending as slavery comes under attack from the abolitionists. The worlds of Halle & Paul D. are to be destroyed in a cataclysm of agony & torment. The world of Sethe is to turn to violence & death.
- Diamond Jared M.Nidottu englantiThis book abandons the conventional distinctions between history and science. By focusing on what ancient peoples had in the way of land, animals and plants, Diamond sheds genuinely new light on the world's most explosive diversions.
- Morrison ToniNidottu englantiThe Bluest Eye chronicles the tragic, torn lives of a poor black family in 1940s Ohio. Pecola, unlovely and unloved, prays each night for blue eyes like those of her privileged white schoolfellows.
- Roth PhilipNidottu englantiOn his way to political catastrophe, radio actor, Iron Rinn marries the refined Eve Frame. Their marriage evolves from a glamorous, romantic idyll to tears and treachery with Eve's revelation of her husband's espionage for the Soviet Union.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiThe Republic of Gilead offers Offred only one function - to breed. If she deviates, she will be killed. But even an oppressive state cannot obliterate desire - neither Offred's nor that of the two men on which her future hangs.
- Munro AliceNidottu englantiAlice Munro's territory is the farms and semi-rural towns of southwestern Ontario. In these tales she brings the landscape of her childhood back to life as she deals with the self-discovery and guilt of those caught in a narrow existence.
- Murakami HarukiNidottu englantiHajime and Shimamoto had been childhood sweethearts. Now, as middle age approaches, the two meet up again. Hajime, now a father and husband, finds himself propelled into the dark, mysterious realm of Shimamoto's life.
- Murakami HarukiNidottu englantiUnderground is an account of the Tokyo subway gas attack in 1995, in which 12 people died, as told to Murakami by the survivors and the Aum cult members responsible for carrying out such an outrage.
- Murakami HarukiNidottu englantiThis collection of stories exposes Japan as it is experienced from the inside. The stories take place in parallel worlds, not so much remote from normal life as hidden beneath its surface.
- McEwan IanNidottu englantiAtonement is the novel for which Ian McEwan will always be remembered. Enthralling in its depiction of childhood, love and war, class and England, at its centre is a profound and profoundly moving exploration of shame and forgiveness.
- Munro AliceNidottu englantiIn these stories, whole lives come into focus through single events or sudden memories which bring the past bubbling to the surface. These are stories with a sense of regret, but also with hope for the future.
- Murakami HarukiNidottu englantiThis is a collection of six short stories from the cult Japanese writer, exploring the violence beneath the surface of modern Japan.
- Munro AliceNidottu englantiBorn into the back streets of a small Canadian town, Rose battled incessantly with her practical and shrewd stepmother, Flo, who cowed her with tales of her own past and warnings of the dangerous world outside. But Rose was ambitious - she won a scholarship and left for Toronto where she married Patrick. She was his Beggar Maid, 'meek and voluptuou...
- Munro AliceNidottu englantiAlice Munro writes convincing stories about the unexceptional yet inescapable pain of human contact and the knowledge she offers in them is unobtainable elsewhere. Munro has won the WH Smith Award, the Giller Prize and the Governor General's Award in Canada, and was shortlisted for the Booker Prize.
- Fry StephenNidottu englantiMost people are familiar with Stephen's talents as a writer and actor. What few people know is the private Fry, the man behind the public face. His autobiography is incredibly frank - and frankly incredible.
- Rushdie SalmanNidottu englantiA Whitbread Prize winner, this book is a study of good and evil. It begins with two Indians, Gibreel Farishta and Saladin Chamcha, plummeting from the sky after the explosion of their jetliner, and proceeds through a series of metamorphoses, dreams, and revelations.
- Lukyanenko SergeiNidottu englantiAnton, a young Other, who owes allegiance to the Light, is a Night Watch agent, patrolling the streets and metro of the city, as he protects ordinary people from the vampires of the Dark. On his rounds, Anton comes across a young woman, Svetlana, who he realises is under a curse that threatens the entire city.