Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
Katalogin monipuolinen haku
235 items were found using the following search criteria
- Kustantaja: Little Brown
View as Ruudukko Luettelo
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiA young woman returns to northern Quebec with her lover and two friends to investigate the mysterious disappearance of her father. But as the remote island exerts its elemental hold, she realises what she is really looking for is her own past.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiMarian is determinedly ordinary. She likes her work, her broody flat-mate and sober fiancé. But she reckons without an inner self that wants more. Marriage a la mode, Marian discovers, is something she literally can't stomach.
- Guin Ursula K. LeNidottu englantiWinner of both the Hugo and Nebula Awards on its first publication in 1969, this classic SF novel is the story of Winter, a planet with semi-Arctic conditions and inhabitants all of the same sex.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiFrom fat girl to thin, from red hair to brown, from London to Toronto, from writer of romances to poet, Joan Foster is confused by her multiple identities. She decides to escape, to take stock of her life. But first she must plan her death.
- Angelou Dr MayaNidottu englantiIn this, the first volume of her autobiography, writer and poet Maya Angelou reflects on her childhood spent growing up in the American South of the 1930s. There she learned the power of the white townsfolk and suffered the trauma of rape.
- Angelou Dr MayaNidottu englantiMaya Angelou's poetry - lyrical and dramatic, exuberant and playful - speaks of love, longing, partings; of Saturday night partying, and the smell and sounds of Southern cities; of freedom and shattered dreams.
- Hobsbawm EricNidottu englantiHobsbawn traces the transformation brought about in every sphere of European life by the Dual Revolution - the 1789 French Revolution and the Industrial Revolution that originated in Britain. Hobsbawn's other works include The Age of Capital.
- Hobsbawm EricNidottu englantiHobsbawm offers a penetrating analysis of the rise of capitalism throughout the world during the period 1848-1875.
- Barker CliveNidottu englantiFrom World Fantasy Award-winning author Clive Barker comes a collection of fifteen horror and ghost stories to chill the blood. This is the first omnibus in the 'Books of Blood' sequence.
- Hobsbawm EricNidottu englantiCovering the era of western imperialism, Hobsbawn examines the forces that swept the world to the outbreak of World War I. This is the final volume of Hobsbawn's study of the 19th century.
- Banks Iain M.Nidottu englantiBored with success, Gurgeh - The Player of Games - travels to the Empire of Azad, cruel and incredibly wealthy, to try their fabulous game. This is a game so complex, so like life itself, that the winner becomes emperor.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiElaine Ridley, a painter, returns to Toronto to find herself haunted by her past. Memories of childhood - and of unbearable betrayals and cruelties - resurface, forcing her to confront the spectre of Cordelia, once her best friend and tormentor.
- Banks Iain M.Nidottu englantiFerociously intelligent, both witty and horrific, this novel from Ian M. Banks, author of 'Consider Phlebas' and 'The player of Games', is science fiction at its best.
- Banks Iain M.Nidottu englantiThe first ever collection of Iain Banks' short fiction, this volume includes the acclaimed novella, 'The State of the Art'. The stories range from science fiction to horror, dark-coated fantasy to morality tale.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiZenia is beautiful, smart and greedy, by turns manipulative and vulnerable, needy and ruthless. She is also dead. Just to make sure Tony, Roz and Charis are at the funeral. But five years on, the unthinkable happens - Zenia is back.
- Banks Iain M.Nidottu englantiFeersum Endjinn is a science fiction novel of great imagination, from the highly celebrated Iain M. Banks. His previous titles include Use of Weapons and Against a Dark Background.
- Banks Iain M.Nidottu englantiSet in the Culture universe, this is Iain M. Banks' latest novel, following the success of Feersum Endjinn. The Culture ships strive to retrieve an ancient, powerful artefact before it falls into the hands of their rivals.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiWas Grace Marks a female fiend, a femme fatale, or a weak and unwilling victim? Around the true story of one of the most enigmatic and notorious women of the 1840s, Atwood has created a potent tale of sexuality, cruelty and mystery.
- Banks Iain MNidottu englantiWar ranged across the galaxy. Billions had died, billions more were doomed. The Idirans fought for their faith, The Culture for its moral right to exist. There could be no surrender.
- Waters SarahNidottu englanti'Tipping the Velvet' is a wonderfully lush, sensous and bawdy novel set in the music halls of the late 19th century. Nan gets to meet her heroine, Kitty, a male impersonator. The two begin a double act, and their affection for each other deepens.
View as Ruudukko Luettelo