Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
Katalogin monipuolinen haku
- Kustantaja: Faber
- Eliot T. S.Nidottu englantiFirst published in 1922, The Waste Land was perhaps the most revolutionary poem of its time, offering a devastating vision of modern civilisation between the two wars.
- Tarantino QuentinNidottu englantiWinner of the Academy Award for Best Screenplay and the prestigious Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival, 'Pulp Fiction' exploded on to the screen in 1994 and transformed the direction of contemporary cinema.
- Golding WilliamNidottu englantiGolding's best-known novel is the story of a group of boys who, after a plane crash, set up a fragile community on a previously uninhabited island. As memories of home recede and the blood from frenzied pig-hunts arouses them, the boys' childish fear turns into something deeper and more primitive.
- Ishiguro KazuoNidottu englantiAn elderly butler is on a five-day motoring trip through the West Country in the 1950s. The climax of his journey is to be a reunion with his former housekeeper. This 1989 Booker Prize-winner attempts to capture a period in British history and draw a portrait of a man in old age.
- Auster PaulNidottu englanti'In the Country of Last Things' offers a haunting picture of a devastated world - a futuristic world - but one which chillingly shadows our own.
- Scott Kevin ConroyNidottu englantiThis text contains interviews with 19 of the leading scriptwriters of our day. Each interview guides the reader through the creation process of the film; how the writer handled the painstaking process of creating a three-dimensional world out of their imagination; and what worked - and what didn't - in the finished film.
- Pamuk OrhanNidottu englantiFrom the award-winning author of 'My Name is Red' comes this political thriller. After 12 years in Germany, a poet Ka returns to Istanbul for his mother's funeral. In a dangerous political atmosphere, the truth concerning the poet and the snow-covered old world city of Kars is revealed.
- Mackendrick AlexanderNidottu englantiThis is an invaluable analysis of director Alexander Mackendrick's art and craft, from one of the most revered of all film school instructors.
- Auster PaulNidottu englantiWalt is an orphan from the Mid-West who meets the dark and mesmerising figure of Master Yehudi. The Master takes little Walt to a mysterious house on the great plains where begins a tutorial process that will teach Walt to fly.
- James P. D.Nidottu englantiPhilippa Palfrey, adopted as a child, believes herself to be the illegitimate daughter of an aristocratic father. At 18, she exercises her right to find out the truth. What she discovers will change her life forever. She enters a new and terrifying world and soon comes to realize that she is not the only one interested in her parents' whereabouts.
- Pamuk OrhanNidottu englantiRevisiting his own family's secrets and idiosyncracies, Orhan Pamuk guides the reader through some of Istanbul's monuments and lost paradises, discovering what made his family typical of their time and place.
- Mistry RohintonNidottu englantiIn the tiny flat of the widowed Dina Dalal, Ishvar and Omprakesh Darji, tailors who have been forced from the country into the city, and young student Maneck Kohlah are painfully putting together a new life, and making a family of sorts amidst crisis.
- Auster PaulNidottu englantiTogether Willy G. Christmas, a brilliant but troubled poet-saint from Brooklyn, and his faithful dog sally forth in search of Willy's beloved high-school teacher who, years ago, knew him as William Gurevitch, son of Polish war refugees.
- Auster PaulNidottu englantiAugust Brill, an elderly book critic, lies awake in the dark, unable to sleep. Elsewhere in the house are his daughter, Miriam, and granddaughter, Katya, each with her own reasons for lying awake and watchful in the long Vermont night...
- James P. D.Nidottu englantiThe literary world is shaken when a murder takes place at Peverell Press. The victim is Gerard Etienne, the brilliant new managing director whose ruthless ambition has made him many enemies. Adam Dalgliesh is called in to investigate.
- James P. D.Nidottu englantiWhen Venetia Aldridge QC defends young Gary Ashe, accused of the brutal murder of his aunt, this for her is just one more case as a criminal lawyer. Until, that is, she is found murdered at her desk in her Middle Temple chambers.
- Williams Richard E.Nidottu englantiRichard Williams is the pre-eminent figure in motion picture animation. 'The Animator's Survival Kit' is based on master-classes he has been giving to professional and would-be animators around the world over the years.
- Gappah PetinaNidottu englantiPetina Gappah is the voice of Zimbabwe. In this powerful debut collection, she dissects with real poignancy the lives of people caught up in a situation over which they have no control, as they deal with spiralling inflation, power cuts and financial hardship - a way of life under Mugabe's regime.
- Kazuo IshiguroNidottu englantiIn a sublime story cycle, Kazuo Ishiguro explores ideas of love, music and the passing of time. From the piazzas of Italy to the Malvern Hills, a London flat to the 'hush-hush floor' of an exclusive Hollywood hotel, the characters we encounter range from young dreamers to cafe musicians to faded stars, all of them at some moment of reckoning. Gentl...
- Ishiguro KazuoNidottu englantiEtsuko, a Japanese woman, is living alone in England. As she contemplates the suicide of her daughter she retreats into the past and finds herself reliving a particular hot summer in Nagasaki as she and her friends tried to build a life together.