Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
Katalogin monipuolinen haku
- Kustantaja: Arcturus
- Hodgson Burnett FrancesNidottu englantiWhen Sara Crewe is sent to Miss Minchin's school for young ladies, her indulgent father provides for her as if she were a little princess. But although her toys and clothes are the envy of the other girls, Sara's kindness and gift for storytelling soon win her lots of friends. Then, the tragic news arrives that her father has died penniless and, wi...
- SunziSidottu englantiThis collection includes seven of the most famous military texts of ancient China. Highlighted by Sun Tzu's the Art of War, this new translation brings to light several texts that display an understanding of strategy and warfare that still has relevance millennia after their original publication. Each of these texts presents a uniquely eastern unde...
- Gibbon EdwardSidottu englantiThe firt volume of 'Decline and Fall' was published in 1776, the year of American Independence, and by the time the final volume appeared in 1787 Gibbon had produced an exhaustive, million-and-a-half-word account of a 'revolution which chall ever be remembered and is still felt by the nations of the earth'. But who has got time to read such a vast ...
- HomerNidottu englantiHomer's epic tells of the adventures of Odysseus, the mythological King of Ithaca and leader of the Trojan war, recounting the hero's wanderings and his eventual regaining of his kingdom.
- Kipling RudyardNidottu englantiHere are the famous stories of how Mowgli came to the wolf pack, learned the law of the jungle from Baloo the bear, Bagheera the black panther, and Kaa the python, and killed the evil tiger Shere Khan.
- Stevenson Robert LouisNidottu englanti'Treasure Island' tells the tale of the mutiny of Long John Silver and the race for buried treasure, as seen through the eyes of the cabin boy Jim Hawkins.
- Gilbert HenryNidottu englantiFollow the thrilling adventures of Robin Hood and his gang of Merry Men in Henry Gilbert's famous retelling of this much-loved legend.
- Wyss JohannNidottu englantiThis is Johann Wyss' classic story, first published in 1812, about the Swiss pastor and his family who are stranded on a tropical island following a terrible storm.
- Grahame KennethNidottu englantiJoin Mole, Ratty, Badger and Mr Toad in their adventures and antics, from venturing into the dark and dangerous Wild Wood, to simply messing about in boats.
- Carroll LewisNidottu englantiOriginal, experimental, and unparalleled in their charm, Lewis Carroll's 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' and 'Through the Looking-Glass' have enchanted readers for generations. The topsy-turvy dream worlds of Wonderland and the Looking-Glass realm are full of the unexpected. These unforgettable tales - filled with sparkling wordplay and unbridle...
- Montgomery L.M.Nidottu englantiWhen Anne Shirley 'erupts' into their lives, the Cuthberts little guess how fond they will become of the skinny, red-haired orphan. Both entertained and exasperated by her constant chatter and imaginings, they soon find it hard to remember what Green Gables was like without its irrepressible adopted daughter.
- Machiavelli NiccolòNidottu englantiNiccolò Machiavelli's 'The Prince' is widely regarded as one of the most influential books on politics, especially on the acquisition, perpetuation and use of political power. Despite being written in 1513, the theories expressed are still considered shrewd and insightful.
- Wolstencraft MaryNidottu englantiFirst published in 1792, this book was written in a spirit of outrage and enthusiasm. In an age of ferment, following the American and French revolutions, Mary Wollstonecraft took prevailing egalitarian principles and dared to apply them to women.
- PlatoNidottu englantiThis translation of Plato's 'The Republic' is based on the assumption that he intended these dialogues to sound like conversations - although conversations of a philosophical sort.
- SunziNidottu englantiOffering ancient wisdom on how to use skill, cunning, tactics and discipline to outwit your opponent, this 2000 year old military manual is still worshipped by soldiers on the battlefield and managers in the boardroom as the ultimate guide to winning.
- Torrington C.Nidottu englantiThe idea of people possessed by evil spirits against their will is as old as the hills. From Pearl Curran, a housewife living in St Louis, Missouri, who soared to fame in the second decade of the 20th century as the amanuensis of 'Patience Worth,' a writer who had died in the 17th century, to victims of Dissociative Personality Disorder (thought to...
- Greig CharlotteSidottu englantiThis text tells the stories of 50 of the brightest, most ruthless, most devious and most effective criminals of all time. It includes Al Capone, the Kray twins, Carlos the Jackal, Osama Bin Laden, Kim Philby, and Aldrich Ames.
- Aaltonen GaynorSidottu englantiCovering the complete duration of human history and spanning the entire globe, this volume provides the perfect introduction to the science of the past. It tells the story of the archaeologists who unravel the mysteries ancient and modern. From the Napoleonic expeditions to uncover the Rosetta stone in Egypt to the forgotten Anasazi empire of the A...
- Durden-Smith JoNidottu englantiIllustrated throughout, this work examines the roles of astrology and alchemy in the successful prophecies of Nostradamus and the competing claims of every other seer of note.