Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
Katalogin monipuolinen haku
- Tekijä: Hustvedt Siri
- Hustvedt SiriNidottu englantiVividly dramatising the female psyche caught in the knots of power and submissiveness, Hustvedt explores the mutability of identity with rigorous intelligence, fuelling her subject with a pervasive eroticism and sense of looming menace.
- Hustvedt SiriNidottu ruotsiKonsthistorikern Leo Hertzberg upptäcker en fantastisk målning av en okänd konstnär på ett galleri i New York. Han köper tavlan och spårar upp dess skapare, Bill Wechsler. Detta blir inledningen till en livslång vänskap. Leos berättelse, som spänner över tjugofem år, följer den växande vänskapen mellan hans egen familj och Bills - genom deras nästa...
- Hustvedt SiriNidottu englantiWhen Mia Fredricksen learns that her husband is having an affair, she suffers a brief breakdown then retreats to her childhood town and her mother's embrace. Alone in a rented house, she rages and fumes and bemoans her sorry fate. Slowly, however, she is drawn into the lives of those around her.
- Hustvedt SiriNidottu englantiArtist Harriet Burden, consumed by fury at the lack of recognition she has received from the New York art establishment, embarks on an experiment: she hides her identity behind three male fronts who exhibit her work as their own. And yet, even after she has unmasked herself, there are those who refuse to believe she is the woman behind the men.
- Hustvedt SiriNidottu englantiThis is the story of two men who first become friends in 1970s New York, of the women in their lives, of their sons, born the same year, and of how relations between the two families become strained, first by tragedy, then by a monstrous duplicity which comes slowly and corrosively to the surface.
- Hustvedt SiriNidottu englantiInternationally acclaimed as a novelist, Siri Hustvedt is also highly regarded as a writer of non-fiction whose insights are drawn from her broad knowledge in the arts, humanities, and sciences. In this trilogy of works collected in a single volume, Hustvedt brings a feminist, interdisciplinary perspective to a range of subjects. Louise Bourgeois, ...
- Hustvedt SiriNidottu englantiA 62-year-old writer - initials S.H. - discovers the journal she wrote during her first year in New York in 1978/9 and looks back on her 23-year-old self with amusement and anger. Reproducing extracts from it, which include parts of the novel she'd set herself 12 months to write about a teenage boy obsessed with Sherlock Holmes, she relives an exhi...