Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
Katalogin monipuolinen haku
- Tekijä: Ferguson Niall
- Ferguson NiallNidottu englantiFrom the bestselling author of 'The Pity of War', this volume argues that modern history is the product of unpredictable political conflicts, and that it is their impact on volatile financial markets that can make or break an empire.
- Ferguson NiallNidottu englantiIn 'The Ascent of Money', Niall Ferguson shows that finance is in fact the foundation of human progress. What's more, he reveals financial history as the essential back-story behind all history.
- Ferguson NiallNidottu englantiIf in the year 1411 you had been able to circumnavigate the globe, you would have been most impressed by the civilizations of the Orient. The idea that the West would come to dominate the rest would have struck you as wildly fanciful. So, how did it happen?
- Ferguson NiallNidottu englantiThe decline of the West is something that has long been prophesied. Symptoms of decline are all around us today: slowing growth, crushing debts, aging populations. But what exactly is amiss with Western civilization? The answer, Niall Ferguson argues, is that our institutions - the intricate frameworks within which a society can flourish or fail - ...
- Ferguson NiallNidottu englantiNo American statesman has been as revered and as reviled as Henry Kissinger. Hailed by some as the 'indispensable man', whose advice has been sought by every president from Kennedy to Obama, Kissinger has also attracted immense hostility from critics who have cast him as an amoral Machiavellian - the ultimate cold-blooded 'realist'. Niall Ferguson ...
- Ferguson NiallNidottu englantiMost history is hierarchical: it's about popes, presidents, and prime ministers. But what if that's simply because they create the historical archives? What if we are missing equally powerful but less visible networks - leaving them to the conspiracy theorists, with their dreams of all-powerful Illuminati? The twenty-first century has been hailed a...
- Ferguson NiallNidottu englantiMost history is about the people at the top of the towers of power. But what if the real action is in the social networks down below, in the town squares?