Paikallinen tallennustila ei käytössä selaimessasi.
Saadaksesi parhaan kokemuksen sivustolla, ota käyttöön paikallinen tallennustila selaimessasi.
Katalogin monipuolinen haku
- Tekijä: Atwood Margaret
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiA young woman returns to northern Quebec with her lover and two friends to investigate the mysterious disappearance of her father. But as the remote island exerts its elemental hold, she realises what she is really looking for is her own past.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiMarian is determinedly ordinary. She likes her work, her broody flat-mate and sober fiancé. But she reckons without an inner self that wants more. Marriage a la mode, Marian discovers, is something she literally can't stomach.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiFrom fat girl to thin, from red hair to brown, from London to Toronto, from writer of romances to poet, Joan Foster is confused by her multiple identities. She decides to escape, to take stock of her life. But first she must plan her death.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiElaine Ridley, a painter, returns to Toronto to find herself haunted by her past. Memories of childhood - and of unbearable betrayals and cruelties - resurface, forcing her to confront the spectre of Cordelia, once her best friend and tormentor.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiZenia is beautiful, smart and greedy, by turns manipulative and vulnerable, needy and ruthless. She is also dead. Just to make sure Tony, Roz and Charis are at the funeral. But five years on, the unthinkable happens - Zenia is back.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiLife Before Man tells the story of a sexual triangle between Elizabeth, Nate - her husband, and Lesje, a young woman at the natural history museum for whom dinosaurs are as important as men.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiRennie Wilford, a young journalist running from her life, takes an assignment to a Caribbean island and tumbles into a world where no one is what they seem.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiWas Grace Marks a female fiend, a femme fatale, or a weak and unwilling victim? Around the true story of one of the most enigmatic and notorious women of the 1840s, Atwood has created a potent tale of sexuality, cruelty and mystery.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiThe Republic of Gilead offers Offred only one function - to breed. If she deviates, she will be killed. But even an oppressive state cannot obliterate desire - neither Offred's nor that of the two men on which her future hangs.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiEven now, at the age of 82, Iris lives in the shadow cast by her younger sister Laura. Now poor and trying to cope with a failing body, Iris reflects on her far from exemplary life, in particular the events surrounding her sister's tragic death.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiThese short fiction and prose poems are bizarre: the pretensions of the male chef are subjected to a light roasting; and knowing when to stop is of deadly importance in a game of Murder in the Dark.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiThis is Margaret Atwood's account of her relationship with the literary form we have come to know as 'science fiction'. The book brings together her three Ellman Lectures in 2010 - 'Flying Rabbits', 'Burning Bushes', and 'Dire Cartographies'.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiAdam One - the kindly leader of the God's Gardeners - has long predicted the waterless flood. Now it has occurred, obliterating most human life. By turns dark, tender, violent, thoughtful and uneasily hilarious, 'The Year of the Flood' is a testament to Atwood's visionary power.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiPigs might not fly, but they are strangely altered. So, for that matter, are wolves and raccoons. A man, once named Jimmy, now calls himself Snowman and lives in a tree, wrapped in an old bed sheet. The voice of Oryx, the woman he loved, teasingly haunts him. The green-eyed children of Crake are his responsibility.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiToby, a survivor of the man-made plague that has swept the earth, is telling stories. Stories left over from the old world, and stories that will determine a new one.
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiA recently widowed fantasy writer is guided through a stormy winter evening by the voice of her late husband. An elderly lady with Charles Bonnet's syndrome comes to terms with the little people she keeps seeing, while a newly-formed populist group gathers to burn down her retirement residence. A woman born with a genetic abnormality is mistaken fo...
- Atwood MargaretNidottu suomiPalkitun kirjailijan pelottava, ajankohtainen tulevaisuuskuva on seikkailu ja rakkaustarina, kertomus uudesta elämästä ja ihmisyyden vaalimisesta tuhon raunioilla. Rutto on pyyhkinyt yli maailman, mutta pieni joukko ihmisiä selviää, heidän ohellaan crakelaiset, lempeä jalostettu rotu, joka on kehitetty korvaamaan ihmiset. Uuden maan asukkaat yritt...
- Atwood MargaretNidottu englantiLiving in their car, surviving on tips, Charmaine and Stan are in a desperate state. So, when they see an advertisement for Consilience, a 'social experiment' offering stable jobs and a home of their own, they sign up immediately. All they have to do in return for suburban paradise is give up their freedom every second month - swapping their home f...
- -20%Atwood MargaretSidottu ruotsiI Den frystorkade brudgummen konfronteras de till åren komna personerna ofrivilligt med sin ungdomstid med dess inslag av kärlek, svek, och besatthet och drabbas än en gång av det förflutnas motsvarigheter till de vampyrer, gengångare, missfoster och monster som befolkar Edgar Allan Poes, Daphne du Mauriers och Robert Louis Stevensons skräckhistori...